I am a user experience-focused Senior Product Manager, and a Product Owner who has worked with remote engineers to execute solutions.
My early background is in digital marketing so I understand the business imperative of ensuring a digital product is adopted by the right customers.
I love analysing customer feedback and usability metrics and presenting findings to business leaders to influence a product’s strategic plan.
I also like to understand the technical capabilities and constraints of a product so that I can work with lead developers and architects to understand back-end priorities that could impact the user.
I am motivated by creating and developing products that help to make people’s lives a little bit easier.
What I do
As a Product Manager I:
- Work with commercial leads, heads of departments and business analysts to identify growth opportunities and strategic needs
- Work with user experience leads to understand customer profiles, pain points, needs and assumptions
- Audit existing products for usability issues, confusing user flows, outdated or incorrect content and potential conflicts with the overall business strategy
- Review and improve information architecture alongside content strategists
- Take a lead on customer research by designing surveys, running focus groups and usability interviews and setting up/analysing remote testing
- Maintain a KPI dashboard and communicate insights to wider teams
- Consistently review and analyse customer feedback, product performance and the competitor landscape to understand how to meet user needs
- Champion the product vision and roadmap across the business
As a Product Owner I:
- Embed myself within the engineering team
- Write small, testable user stories
- Prioritise the product backlog
- Maintain an event dictionary and specify product analysis implementation requirements
- Plan and facilitate all daily stand ups, sprint planning and retrospectives
- Discuss how tech debt can be prioritised alongside user-facing development
- Am able to step into the role of Scrum Master in smaller, less established teams
- Stay ruthlessly organised, ensuring all documentation remains up to date
Health and fitness
I am qualified as a Personal Trainer and a Pilates Instructor. I will soon be offering online fitness and nutrition coaching.